10 things to do with kids in Marbella
Living with kids in Marbella can be an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. This beautiful city on the southern coast of Spain offers a wide range of activities and attractions for children of all ages. From the sandy beaches and the warm Mediterranean Sea to the many parks and recreational areas, there is always something to do.
The city is home to numerous international schools, making it an ideal place for families who are looking to relocate. These schools provide a high-quality education and a multicultural environment, ensuring that your children will have the opportunity to learn from a diverse group of peers.
In addition to the educational opportunities, Marbella has a vibrant culture that embraces families. The city hosts a variety of family-friendly events throughout the year, including festivals, parades, and cultural celebrations.
There are also plenty of restaurants and cafes that cater to families, offering menus designed for children and play areas to keep them entertained.
Overall, living with kids in Marbella is a wonderful experience. The city’s natural beauty, cultural offerings, and educational opportunities make it an ideal place for families to call home.
Top 10 things to do with kids in Marbella:
1. Visit the beach – Marbella has some beautiful beaches like Playa de Fontanilla, Playa del Cable, and Playa de Nagüeles. The kids will love playing in the sand and swimming in the sea.
2. Explore Old Town – Take a stroll through the historic center of Marbella, where you can admire the charming whitewashed buildings and the beautiful Plaza de los Naranjos.
3. Go to Aventura Amazonia – This is a great adventure park where kids can enjoy ziplining, treetop walks, and other outdoor activities. There are different courses for different ages and levels of difficulty.
4. Visit the Butterfly Park – The Mariposario de Benalmádena is a butterfly park where you can see hundreds of different species of butterflies, as well as other insects and birds.
5. Take a boat trip – There are many boat trips available in Marbella, including dolphin watching tours and glass-bottomed boat tours. Kids will love the chance to see dolphins up close and see the marine life beneath the boat.
6. Visit a water park – There are several water parks in the area, including Aqua Mijas, Aqualand Torremolinos, and Aquamijas. The kids will love the slides, wave pools, and other water attractions.
7. Go to the Selwo Aventura wildlife park – This wildlife park is located in Estepona, just a short drive from Marbella. Here, you can see a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, elephants, and giraffes.
8. Visit the Fuengirola Zoo – This zoo is home to over 130 species of animals, including primates, big cats, reptiles, and birds. There are also shows and interactive experiences, like feeding the animals.
9. Take a day trip to Gibraltar – Gibraltar is a British overseas territory located on the southern coast of Spain. You can take a tour of the famous Rock of Gibraltar and see the famous Barbary macaques.
10. Visit the Bonsai Museum – The Bonsai Museum in Marbella is home to over 300 bonsai trees, some of which are over 500 years old. It’s a great way to introduce kids to the art of bonsai and learn about the different species of trees.