Things you didn’t know about Marbella
Here are some interesting facts about Marbella:
1. Marbella has a population of over 140,000 people and is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Spain.
2. The city has a long and rich history dating back to the Roman times. The Romans called the city Salduba, and there are still ruins from that period visible in the old town.
3. Marbella is famous for its luxurious lifestyle and high-end resorts. It is a favorite destination for celebrities, and many famous people have homes in the area.
4. The city has over 27 kilometers of coastline with beautiful beaches, including the famous Puerto Banús beach.
5. Marbella is also known for its golf courses, with over 15 courses in the surrounding area.
6. The city is home to the famous Orange Square (Plaza de los Naranjos), a historic square with cafes and restaurants, surrounded by narrow streets and white-washed buildings.
7. Marbella has a great climate, with mild winters and hot summers. It is known for having over 320 days of sunshine a year.
8. The city is a hub for water sports, including windsurfing, kiteboarding, and sailing.
9. Marbella is located in the heart of the Costa del Sol, making it an ideal base for exploring the surrounding areas, including nearby towns and cities such as Málaga and Gibraltar.
10. The city hosts several festivals and events throughout the year, including the Marbella International Film Festival and the Starlite Festival, a music and cultural event that takes place in the summer months.