10 popular areas to live in Marbella
Marbella is a beautiful coastal town situated on the southern coast of Spain, in the province of Malaga. It is known for its stunning beaches, luxurious resorts, and a vibrant nightlife. Living in Marbella is a dream come true for those who love the sun, the sea, and the relaxed lifestyle that comes with living in a small town.
The town is home to a large number of expats from all over the world, which gives it a unique and diverse culture. The locals are friendly and welcoming, making it easy for newcomers to settle in and make new friends. The town has a high standard of living, with excellent healthcare, education, and infrastructure.
The weather in Marbella is exceptional, with an average of 320 days of sunshine each year. This means that you can spend most of your time outdoors, whether it’s lounging on the beach, playing golf, or exploring the surrounding countryside. The town is surrounded by stunning scenery, with the Sierra Blanca mountains providing a dramatic backdrop.
Overall, living in Marbella is an excellent choice for those looking for a relaxed, sun-soaked lifestyle in a beautiful location. With its friendly locals, high standard of living, and stunning scenery, it is a true gem on the Spanish coast.
Here are 10 popular areas to live in Marbella:
1. Sierra Blanca: Known as one of the most exclusive residential areas in Marbella, Sierra Blanca is situated on a hillside with stunning views of the coast and surrounding mountains. The properties here are generally large, luxurious villas with private pools and gardens.
2. Golden Mile: Stretching from Puerto Banus to Marbella, the Golden Mile is an upmarket area with plenty of designer boutiques, gourmet restaurants, and luxury properties. It’s also home to some of Marbella’s most famous hotels, including the Marbella Club and Puente Romano.
3. Nueva Andalucía: Located just west of Puerto Banus, Nueva Andalucía is a popular residential area with a mix of apartments, townhouses, and villas. It’s known for its numerous golf courses, as well as its trendy bars and restaurants.
4. Puerto Banus: This glitzy marina is one of Marbella’s most famous landmarks, with plenty of high-end shops, restaurants, and nightclubs. It’s a popular spot for the rich and famous, with many luxury apartments and villas located nearby.
5. La Zagaleta: Another exclusive residential area, La Zagaleta is a gated community situated in the hills above Marbella. It’s known for its privacy and security, as well as its large, luxurious properties and world-class amenities, including two golf courses and a helipad.
6. Los Monteros: Situated just east of Marbella, Los Monteros is a beachfront area with a mix of apartments and villas. It’s known for its peaceful atmosphere and beautiful sandy beaches, as well as its proximity to some of Marbella’s best golf courses.
7. Guadalmina: Located just west of San Pedro de Alcantara, Guadalmina is a well-established residential area with a mix of villas, townhouses, and apartments. It’s known for its leafy streets, golf course, and proximity to the beach.
8. Marbella Centro: The historic center of Marbella is a charming area with narrow streets, picturesque squares, and traditional Andalusian architecture. It’s a popular spot for tourists and locals alike, with plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops.
9. Elviria: Situated just east of Marbella, Elviria is a family-friendly residential area with a mix of villas and apartments. It’s known for its sandy beaches, as well as its proximity to the La Mairena and Santa Maria golf courses.
10. Las Chapas: Located just east of Marbella, Las Chapas is a beachfront area with a mix of villas, townhouses, and apartments. It’s known for its beautiful sandy beaches, as well as its proximity to some of Marbella’s best golf courses.